Thursday, January 11, 2018

Taco, Thursday?


This recipe is naturally gluten free! And, it's probably one of the easiest ones I've got, and nobody would ever know it. So, as you know I love my buffalo sauce. But I also love tacos. I've been making these taco's for a bit now and everyone but my one sister loves them! She's strange because she despises when salsa is in her food. But oh well. This was the first home cook meal I ever made my boyfriend- and he loved it! Unless he's just been lying this whole time 🤔

Anyways,  this one is a crockpot recipe. My favorite! And if you don't know, you must be told. Use crock pot liners! Those things are a life saver for cleaning up. No more scrubbing that crockpot.

INGREDIENTS:


  •  1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into quarters
    • For this recipe feel free to use thick cut or thin, it doesn't make a difference.
  • 1 jar of your favorite salsa. I love PACE because it's not super chunky.
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning. One day I'll stop being lazy and make my own seasoning but for now, McCormick here I am.
      • If you're someone who loves a bit of extra flavor, add some additional chili powder, paprika, and/or cumin.



STEPS:

  1. Clean your chicken breast of any noticeable fat, and cut into quarters or halves.
  2. Place chicken breast in your crockpot and dump your salsa right on top along with your taco seasoning. 
  3. Give a quick stir to mix it in a little bit.
  4. Set crockpot on HIGH for 4.5 hours.
  5. After your 4.5 hours are up, taking a fork or two to your chicken and it shred it. It will fall right apart.
  6. Taco' are ready! I personally LOVE the Dorito's Cheese Hard Shell, but you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As many of you have probably noticed I just started this blog today. I've been cooking and baking for quite some time now, and I always ...