Thursday, January 11, 2018

As many of you have probably noticed I just started this blog today. I've been cooking and baking for quite some time now, and I always loved to experiment and try new things in the kitchen. I was that girl that when you asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, I always thought I'd be a chef somewhere. As I got older, I realized that dream is not one easily accomplished- just like many other dreams. So, I went down a different road and made cooking and baking my hobby.

I would love to say I have wonderful memories of being a little girl and baking cookies with my mom and that's what made me love it so much. But, if I'm being honest, and brutally honest- my mom's cooking is certainly not even what you'd consider good. And, I couldn't recall the last time she baked. Let alone made something from scratch. So, off I went to see what REAL food tasted like, something HOMEMADE and delicious. After years of cooking dishes for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Birthday cakes, you name it. I was diagnosed with Celiac's.

I feel like many of us know what Celiac's is by now. Luckily for me, I found out roughly two years ago. And the gluten free food market has exploded! Ten years ago, I would've been miserable. But nowadays, it's actually not so bad. I've had the conversation with my boyfriend about, "if you could eat something with gluten and not get sick what would the first thing be?" Well, DONUTS, A CALZONE, A REAL REAL GOOD EVERYTHING BAGEL. I could probably think of a few good others that my fellow celiac friends could agree with. But, for the most part we've got it pretty good lately. I can't say I miss much, because the GF version is just as good.

So, with my new found dietary roadblock I decided to reroute my cooking and baking skills, so that I can enjoy all the good things. Don't get me wrong- donuts will never be the same, but I've gotten them pretty dang close. And some may say that's because I don't remember or can't compare to a non-gluten free donut but so be it...

Anyways, I started this blog to be able to share some of my favorite recipes that I've either found and altered to be GF or i've simply come up with myself. Unfortunately, for my fellow readers I am only gluten free. I can't give up any thing else- especially dairy. I love cheese too much. But, if you have any suggestions or make any of these recipes to be allergen free besides GF, feel free to share!

Also, as I improve on using this blog and actually now intend to share my recipes, I'll have better quality pictures and more steps photographed for those of you who end up following. If you have any questions, or you have any feedback from making anything yourself please let me know!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As many of you have probably noticed I just started this blog today. I've been cooking and baking for quite some time now, and I always ...