Thursday, January 11, 2018

Gluten Free CRUMB Cake, with ACTUAL Crumbs!



Hey guys!


I decided now that I've been baking and cooking with celiacs for about two years now- that I'd share some delicious meals and treats I've made. I've decided to share the BEST first. Being gluten free, isn't nearly as bad as I had initially thought it would be. Of course, we miss our sicilian pizza and the ability to eat whatever, whenever, wherever. But one of the things I never realized I was missing, until I saw someone eating it was- Crumb Cake. I never really noticed that all GF Crumb Cake, was essentially cake with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Where did the real crumbs go? You know, the crumb cake where it's more crumb than cake- the GOOD stuff.

First things first, when I started baking with GF I always seemed to be somewhat disappointed with the texture of my baked goods. That is the number 1 reason to follow this recipe as noted. Using GF Baking MIX versus All Purpose Flour is what it does to the texture of this cake. Honestly- it's to die for. My boyfriend was searching for a reason to say it was GF- and he couldn't. It holds the moisture better and already has the added baking soda:powder. Ask for the recipe and instructions below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

As many of you have probably noticed I just started this blog today. I've been cooking and baking for quite some time now, and I always ...