Thursday, January 11, 2018

GF Boneless Buffalo Wings



Okay- remember when I said there are few things I miss as a celiac? Well, I forgot to mention my love for buffalo wings. And, as much as I do love good wings- its undeniable that boneless wings are about 10x better than a standard chicken wing. And lets face it, where on earth do you think you're going out to dinner and finding GF boneless wings? If you have an answer to that- you better let me know.

So this one was a little messy, but WELL worth it. And, I tend to be a little messier than most in the kitchen. Anyways, this is an easy one.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast- cut into bite size pieces
  • 2 C. GF all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 C. Milk
  • 1 Egg
  • Canola Oil for Frying
  • 1 C. Franks Red Hot Sauce or hot sauce of choice
  • 2 tbsp. Melted Butter
- If you are someone who enjoys their food very flavorful, which sounds funny because who doesn't. But, feels free to add an extra dash of the onion powder, paprika, and chili powder. I tend to do so, but this recipe is pretty perfect the way it is. 

- If you are someone who isn't the biggest fan of hot sauce or have a family member who will be eating this, who is a wimp when it comes to hot sauce- just use your judgment. It will be a sauce to toss your bites in after being cooked so don't feel like you have to follow that to the T.



STEPS:

  1. Heat 2-3 inches of canola oil in skillet.
  2. In a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together; flour, salt, onion powder, paprika, pepper, chili powder. 
  3. In a separate bowl mix together your milk and your egg.
  4. Dip each piece of chicken into your wet mixture, then your dry. If you want extra crisp do this twice in a row for each piece of chicken. 
  5. Fry until breading becomes golden brown, you may need to flip your pieces, do so as needed.
  6. Set aside a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil from chicken.
  7. In another bowl, mix together your melted butter and hot sauce to toss your wings in or to dip.
* Beware of your oil getting too hot. It will ruin the oil for the next pieces going in. This has happened to me, and it changed the color of the breading. But, I think because I cleaned my skillet once I noticed it did not effect the flavor. You will see this in the picture I have above. The photo of course is without the wings tossed in sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As many of you have probably noticed I just started this blog today. I've been cooking and baking for quite some time now, and I always ...